Gas Furnace Repair Services
in the Fayetteville, Beckley & Summersville, WV
Gas Furnace Installation & Maintenance by Miller & Sons
Miller & Sons knows, from experience with customers from Beckley to Fayetteville and beyond, that gas furnaces are the most popular heating source on the market. These units use less energy and cost less overall to operate when compared to other types of heaters. If you experience any type of problem with your gas furnace, our furnace technicians can fix or install just what you need. Contact us today at (304) 574-2061 for a free estimate!
Maintenance of Gas Furnaces - What to Expect
- Blower check – listen to the system’s blower to determine if there is a bearing or balance problem.
- Combustion safety – ensure proper venting, with no danger of combustible gases getting into your living area or workspace.
- Filter check – clean or replace a dirty filter; HVAC tech will confirm proper size and type.
- Furnace cleaning – remove carbon, soot, and other combustible byproducts from the burner and combustion chamber, to promote efficient operation.
- Occupant issues – trained experts will deal with pockets of cold and draft in your home or workplace. Even if the furnace is working perfectly, insulation, leaks, ductwork, and other conditions can have an impact on comfort and energy efficiency.
- System check – running the furnace and blower to confirm proper operation of the thermostat and warm air delivery.
- Visual inspection – technician checks the furnace, fuel line, flue pipe, main plenum, and ductwork.
Some of the many ways heating and cooling service from Miller & Sons can help are:
- Air leakage – Small cracks and gaps permit heated air to escape and cold winter air to enter. This can result in your furnace operating harder to maintain warmth and comfort. Sealing leaks, especially those between living spaces and attics will reduce operating pressure on your heating system.
- Attic insulation – Most homes do not have enough attic insulation, sealing any air leaks, combined with upgrading attic insulation, can cut heating costs by as much as 40 percent.
- Leaky ductwork – Conditioned air that escapes through leaky ductwork can diminish HVAC efficiency up to 20 percent.
- Duct insulation – Ductwork that runs through a cold attic or crawlspace will cool the heated air coming from your furnace. Insulating the ductwork in these spaces can reduce the heat loss significantly.
Call for a Free Estimate Today
The maintenance, repair, and installation of gas furnaces is an important aspect of any home. Here at Miller & Sons Heating & Cooling, we have expert technicians who know how to provide you with the proper gas furnace repair services. We also offer a free estimate to each of our customers. Give us a call today at (304) 574-2061!